Join Our Team
Job Description: Manager
We are looking for an enthusiastic, hard-working, and mature manager to join our award-winning firm. We specialize in corporate and nonprofit communication, issue management, and crisis communication.
The Manager position is responsible for assisting and managing client accounts and work product. This position requires excellent writing and editing skills, a strong understanding of the industry landscape, ability to juggle client priorities and objectives, and ability to manage people and client relationships.
We are looking for a candidate with five to 10 years of experience in public relations, with at least five years in an agency setting. While we don’t specialize in one particular industry, we currently work in natural gas and oil, technology, international development, housing associations, and education, among others.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Serve as the primary contact and oversee/play a clear leadership role on typically three to seven client accounts.
- Deliver high-quality, on-message work product to clients with the ability to review the work and also complete the work.
- Create and develop client strategies and communications plans, either annually or project-based, with little to no oversight.
- Manage the implementation of strategies and ensure client deliverables are successfully met on, or before, deadline.
- Play a leadership role in the sales process by identifying concepts and packaging expansion opportunity proposals, assisting with RFP responses, presentations, etc. with supervision and approval from senior leadership.
- Display a strong understanding of and effectively communicate Agency’s service offerings to existing clients.
- Successfully supervise at least one junior staff member, including providing real-time feedback and guidance on their professional growth.
- Work with junior staff members on prioritization, project management and general day-to-day assignments.
- While the primary responsibility of this role is a supervisory position, there is the occasional need to write and develop client deliverables and pitch media.
What Novitas offers you:
We reward employees with ample PTO and sick leave, in-office lunches (when we finally go back to the office), birthday lunches and bonuses, staff retreats, and benefits including insurance, 401K, training stipends, and more.
Who are we?
Novitas was founded in 2008 during the financial crisis working for some of the largest companies in the banking and financial services industry. Since then, we have worked on some of the country’s most pressing issues and our clients’ most existential challenges.
There are very few firms in Colorado that have large agency street creds in corporate and crisis communication, meaning that our team members have trained with the country’s most renowned firms and brought those processes and tools to our work here in Colorado.
Our team of strategists combine business, marketing, communications, and design thinking to develop meaningful, differentiated, and authentic storytelling and alliances for world-class organizations big and small.
We pride ourselves on being the smart kids in PR and we love our company culture. Yes, we work hard, but we also have fun. We organize group outings, or “mandatory fun” as we call it, to encourage camaraderie. We’ve made pasta, interviewed scholarship candidates, and more.
Novitas infuses our values of integrity, partnership, excellence, and entrepreneurial spirit into everything we do. But don’t take our word for it. National and local organizations have honored our work. Here are a few of the honors we’ve received:
- Ragan Award for Best Governmental or Public Affairs Media Relations Campaign • Platinum Hermes Award for PR Campaign • Gold Bulldog Award for Best Public Affairs Campaign • Pollie Award for Political Ad • Gold Stevie Award for PR Campaign of the Year in the Public Affairs Category • Finalist Denver Metro Chamber of Commerce Women Owned Business • Hermes Award for Hispanic Video • PRSA National Silver Anvil Award of Excellence • Top Three Finalist for ColoradoBiz’s Top Company • ColoradoBiz’s Best in Colorado Runner Up for Business Choice PR Firm • Public Relations Society of America (PRSA) Colorado Gold Pick Award • PRSA Colorado Best Nonprofit Campaign Award • Association of Women in Communications National Clarion Award • PRSA Colorado Small Practice Award
We are headquartered in Denver’s LoDo neighborhood and are currently work-from-home due to COVID. We anticipate returning to the office full-time later this year.
The salary range for this position is $60,000 to $80,000.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and writing samples to Krista Crouch at [email protected].