The associate position works closely with our manager, CEO and clients to ensure the on-time and accurate competition of daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly tasks and as it relates to the agency and its clients. This position is expected to manage their own projects, deadlines and the deadlines of all deliverables. Excellent writing is absolutely essential.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or journalism and approximately three years of experience in the field. Corporate communications or agency experience a plus. The candidate should have strong writing, research and organization skills, be willing to adjust to a variety of client temperaments and personalities and be willing to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to complete a project accurately and on time. Corporate communications experience is a plus. The candidate will possess an entrepreneurial spirit, and thrive in the fast-paced environment of an agency setting.
- Writing for a variety of stakeholder audiences including press releases, media statements, op-eds, website content, blogs, etc. Must be able to produce written materials within a few hours.
- Lead team and client calls
- Compile agendas, weekly and monthly reports for clients
- Maintenance and creation of media lists and editorial calendar
- Media pitching and news clips
- Graphic design
- Back-end website maintenance, copy editing and development of pages (We currently use WordPress and Squarespace)
- Social media content calendars, scheduling, monitoring and reporting
- Social media strategy and advertising is a plus
- PowerPoint presentations
- Press kit assembly and distribution
- Production supervision
- Job trafficking and project management
- New business development / proposals
- Development of case studies
Position likely will start in June.
What’s it like to work at Novitas?
Novitas specializes in corporate communications, crisis communications, and issue management for clients across the globe. Founded in 2008, Novitas helps clients craft and implement communications campaigns that influence public opinion, enhance brand recognition, and keep stakeholders informed. Novitas has traditionally worked with companies in banking, data centers, education, healthcare, oil and gas, real estate, technology and transportation, among other industries that are working to make a difference in communities.
Novitas can be described as “work hard, play harder.” Our agency is small, yet mighty with seven team members who set out every day to better our clients, our agency, and ourselves. There’s not a day that goes by where Novitas doesn’t execute creative and engaging work for clients. Our team members are highly-engaged in the culture working every day to set the high standard for who we are as an agency and who we are as people. We are dedicated to our clients and will stop at nothing to exceed expectations at every turn. In turn, we reward employees with ample PTO and sick leave, in-office lunches (when we finally go back to the office), birthday lunches and bonuses, staff retreats, and benefits including insurance, 401K, training stipends, and more.
We are headquartered in Denver’s LoDo neighborhood.
Salary is dependent on experience, but ranges from $40,000 to $50,000 per year.